The Richmond County Register of Deeds office maintains Marriage records (1779 to current), Birth (1913 to current) and Death (1913 to current) records, and Delayed Birth records.
Uncertified copies are available to the public.
Certified copies of vital records will be issued to:
- The applicant
- The applicant's spouse
- The applicant's mother/father
- The applicant's
- The applicant's children/grandchildren
- The applicant's grandmother/grandfather
- The applicant's step-parent/step child
- Any person seeking information for legal determination of
property rights (proof required)
- An authorized agent, attorney, or legal representative of the applicant.
- Funeral Director/Licensee for death certificates
Certified copies: $10.00 each
(Can be used to obtain a certified copy of a Birth, Death or Marriage Certificate from Richmond County.)
Non-certified copies: $ .35 each
Paper Application for a copy of Vital Records. Download the application and either mail or deliver it in person to the Register of Deeds office.(Can be used to obtain a certified copy of a Birth, Death or Marriage Certificate from Richmond County.)
To obtain a copy of a Military Discharge you must complete the following form: Download the
Send check or money order to the following address:
Richmond County Register of Deeds
114 E. Franklin St Room 101
Rockingham, NC 28379