The Madison County Register of Deeds office maintains Marriage records, Birth and Death records, and Delayed Birth records.
Uncertified copies are available to the public.
Certified copies of vital records will be issued to:
- The applicant
- The applicant's spouse
- The applicant's mother/father
- The applicant's
- The applicant's grandmother/grandfather
- The applicant's step-parent/step child
- Any person seeking information for legal determination of
property rights (proof required)
- An authorized agent, attorney, or legal representative of the applicant.
- Funeral Director/Licensee for death certificates
Certified copies: $10.00 each
Non-certified copies: $ .25 each
Please Send check or money order to the following address:
Madison County Register of Deeds
5707 US 25-70 Hwy, Suite 6
Marshall, NC 28753
Self-addressed, stamped envelopes are appreciated. For further information, call 828-649-3131.